Currently, scholarships are awarded as a one-time, first-year grant designed to help deserving students take that all-important first step toward their college education.
The requirements are:
- Scholarship recipients must be members of the current graduating class at Fannin County High School.
- All recipients must submit an application for scholarship funds through Fannin County High School and follow the procedures established by the guidance office for financial aid.
- All recipients must apply to and be accepted by a post-secondary school.
- Recipients are selected by the Fannin County High School Scholarship Selection Committee, which include two members of the Board of Trustees of the Foundation.
- The criteria for selection is by a formal point system based primarily on economic need and academics, but extracurricular activities are also considered along with the recommendations of the faculty and staff on the Committee. Scholarship donors may suggest criteria for the selection of recipients for their scholarship funds, but the actual selection of recipients is determined by the Fannin County High School Scholarship Selection Committee.
- Scholarship checks are made payable to both the scholarship recipient and the student’s chosen school.
The good news is that the majority of Fannin County students who apply do receive some scholarship assistance. But, there is still much more that we can do!